My regular readers are probably quite used to my occasional bouts of silence on this blog, but my low internet profile in the past fortnight has been for the quite justifiable reason that I was away on holiday. I had a blast, and unsurprisingly I quite blatantly indulged my inner geo-nerd when selecting my destination, which means several cool blog posts are in the pipeline. As a teaser, I give you the following two photos, and invite you to guess their geographical and geological provenance.
No prize in on offer save kudos for your geo-sleuthing skills, which will hopefully discourage those of you who communicate with me via other channels, and therefore already know where I’ve been hiding, from cheating. Guess away!
Search this blog
- Scenic Saturday: Crossbeds on the Edge
- Fieldwork should be safe and welcoming for all. Currently, it’s not.
- Now you see it, now you don’t: the disappearing and reappearing waters of the River Manifold
- 10 years of scientific career evolution: from springs to stormwater, student to teacher
- A ton of 2+ year-old AGU journal articles are now open access!
- Reconstructing ocean spreading when half your record is now in the mantle (or: a plug for my new paper)
- Mammals March Madness and slight silliness from your bloggers
- Scenic Saturday: Frozen waterfall, end of winter
- On Scenic Saturday: Crossbeds on the Edge:
- Steve Watson: On our last visit to the UK, my cousin took us out for a ramble above Hathersage. There were lots... Read
- AgTerrane: Back in the early 70′s I was studying agriculture. Women were actually banned from fieldwork... Read
- Christie: These stats are disturbing; I wonder what the numbers would look like for interactions NOT in the... Read
- Carol Jefferson: When I expanded the images, I noticed that the plant that I thought was a water Lily is really... Read
- Carol Jefferson: The thriving stands of water lotus (lilies) as seen along sections of the dry or nearly stream... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Or, as DrugMonkey put it: “Once you understand your PI is a data addict and your role as a... Read
- Meghan Duffy: I also love being the first person to know something! I think that’s such a cool moment.... Read