My regular readers are probably quite used to my occasional bouts of silence on this blog, but my low internet profile in the past fortnight has been for the quite justifiable reason that I was away on holiday. I had a blast, and unsurprisingly I quite blatantly indulged my inner geo-nerd when selecting my destination, which means several cool blog posts are in the pipeline. As a teaser, I give you the following two photos, and invite you to guess their geographical and geological provenance.
No prize in on offer save kudos for your geo-sleuthing skills, which will hopefully discourage those of you who communicate with me via other channels, and therefore already know where I’ve been hiding, from cheating. Guess away!
Search this blog
- Highly Allochthonous at AGU
- Scenic Saturday: snow over Thanksgiving
- Scenic Sunday: Fall colors along the Cuyahoga
- Hydraulic, hydrologic and #h2olloween
- Anne is wading into streams and science education
- No. Whatever it is this time, it really can’t predict earthquakes.
- Bedload Sediment Transport videos FTW
- Unacceptable behavior
- On Anne is wading into streams and science education:
- Scicurious: Thank you SO much for coming on the site!!! It was lovely to have you and people so far have said... Read
- Lab Lemming: We already have incoming surface wave earthquake warning- I heard and felt it in action last time I... Read
- Boris Behncke: One of the most overlooked issues concerning earthquake prediction vs. prevention is that even if... Read
- Lab Lemming: I predict that this fault will rupture within weeks of me injecting high pressure fracking waste... Read
- Carol Jefferson: Thank you for the thoughtful blog, Anne. I am so glad you are out of North Carolina, which is... Read
- Steve Gough: That left a mark, and rightly so. Read
- Origami Isopod: Lab Lemming: “This Bio-freeloader.org guy seriously needs to have his mother... Read