We’re pleased to announce that the next edition of the geoblogging carnival, The Accretionary Wedge, will be held here (for the first time ever!) at Highly Allochthonous at the end of the month. The theme that we’ve chosen is simple: we want to amass a gallery of all of your favorite geologically themed pictures.
It could be a photograph you’ve taken of an outcrop or process in action; a diagram from a classic geologic paper or text book; a satellite image of an incredible landscape; an optical microscope picture of your favorite mineral; something topical, or an old and inspirational favorite. Whatever strikes your fancy. You might consider writing a little about what your chosen images shows or why you chose it, but wordless entries are OK too. We’re also OK with recycled submissions if you’ve got a post in your archives that fits the carnival theme.
The deadline for submission of posts will be Friday, May 28. To submit your entry, leave a link to in the comments section here or at the Accretionary Wedge blog. We encourage our non-blogging readers to contribute their favorite images as well: we’ll be happy to publish your image here.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, we should be able to amass an entire visual novel by the month’s end. We look forward to seeing what you all choose!
Search this blog
- Mammals March Madness and slight silliness from your bloggers
- Scenic Saturday: Frozen waterfall, end of winter
- 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum
- Final throes of 28 days of #sciwrite
- GeoKid shows us Antarctica
- 28 days of #sciwrite: Half way there?
- 1 week down, 3 to go on 28 days of #sciwrite
- 28 days of #sciwrite
- On 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum:
- Leonardo Uieda: I’m late (as usual) but here is my update http://www.leouieda.com/pos... Read
- Jill Marshall: The 28 days of #sciwrite tuned into 28 + 6 days – but all goals met! First part was easy-... Read
- Tara C Smith: Nice! Ended up finishing a big-ass manuscript and getting that off my plate (after about 8 months... Read
- EarthSciProf: My goals were: 1) Write and submit Goldschmidt abstract for Feb. 8 (now done). 2) Revise and... Read
- John Leeman: Abstract is ready to submit today and waiting on co-author reviews for a paper! Sadly, due to the... Read
- Laura Guertin: My end of week 3 ended with a happy detour and happy dance! http://sites.psu.edu/geotwt... Read