A message from Brian Vanderkolk:
Having won WoGE 183 I choose a location that has intrigued me personally ever since I found it while browsing Google Maps. I pick this place because I don’t have the geologic knowledge to understand what I am seeing. It appears something amazing has happened here. I hope the winner and others will help me learn something new. North is up in this picture and eye altitude is about 20 kilometers.
Click the image for a larger version.
Anne says: First person to identify the latitude and longitude of the image, give a place name, and take a decent stab at why it might be interesting gets the honor of hosting the next round of the game. If you are not a blogger, you can still play, win, and then designate the blogger of your choice to host your image and the next round. I’m invoking the Schott Rule, to keep giving newcomers like Brian a chance to get in on the fun. The Scott Rule, means that you need to wait one hour after the post time to answer for each Wo(G)E round you’ve won in the past.
Search this blog
- Of time and rivers flowing
- A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in
- Going Green (Infrastructure): Opportunities to join Anne’s research group
- One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn
- One year ago yesterday: volcanoes and fossils and elephant seals, oh my!
- Sumatra +10: contemplating the power of tsunami
- One year ago today: Christmas in Antarctica with the Americans and Brits
- One year ago today: Antarctic bases old and new, and the most mind-blowing scenery in the world
- On A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in:
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read
- Lockwood: My great-great grandfather and namesake, Charles Brown Lockwood, wrote in his short autobiography... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Thanks, Nina! We had a lot of fun going back through our journals and photos and culling nearly... Read
- Nina F: Wow. Thank so much, Anne, for your postings from Antarctica. I have enjoyed them all. The images are... Read
- Lockwood: Tweeted this earlier WRT the In Focus photo piece: “Very glad people/cities have recovered so... Read