You may or may not have noticed a new addition to the row of tabs just beneath my banner. The ‘Rock Gallery’ is a new way I’m trying out of showing what’s in the archives, taking advantage of the fact that I quite often illustrate my posts with pretty pictures or diagrams. I’m gradually producing thumbnails of the prettiest, and clicking on them will link back to the post in which they originally appear. It’s a bit of an experiment, so let me know what you think.
Search this blog
- A cross-section through the Earth
- Happy 100th Birthday, National Park Service!
- Flash flooding in Maryland: freak event? climate change symptom? urban runoff problem? Or all of the above?
- A week in the life of a scientist – Anne’s first week of summer
- Environmental Earth Science in the News – Spring semester 2016 compilation
- Snapshots of the Middle Cuyahoga River on World Water Day
- A year of Anne’s reading – looking back
- A Highly Allochthonous Advent Calendar
- On A year of Anne’s reading – looking back:
- Tor B: I copied your review of ‘insidious data disasters’ to the Arctic Sea Ice Forum. Thanks for... Read
- Anne Jefferson: You are right! But I know it was when I read it. It must have been a limited time offer... Read
- HD: Great post. The article you linked at the end is not OA, unfortunately… Looks like a good one, though. Read
- Lockwood: Supposedly, there’s a similar hole at Fish Lake, but as I said, the most recent visit was so hot... Read
- Lockwood: Definitely a nearby site I want to look at further. Dana didn’t make it down this summer, and... Read
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read
- Lockwood: My great-great grandfather and namesake, Charles Brown Lockwood, wrote in his short autobiography... Read