The authorSimon Wellings
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
- The Constitution of the Interior of Earth, as Revealed by Earthquakes
Search this blog
- On Oceanic crust – that sinking feeling:
- Chris: Depending on the temperature of the subduction zone greenschist or blueschist after this eclogite (4 days 19 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: cookie0_0 (5 days 1 hour ago)
- cookie0_0: haha we have similar names lol (5 days 1 hour ago)
- Ojunta Spyropoulos I: Hello gud day pls; my name is Ojunta Spyropoulos am 21years of age and a semi-finalist... (25 days 18 hours ago)
- Kevin N: Calum Gilhooly — This is a year-and-a-half late, but I’ve written a rebuttal to the young... (49 days 14 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Roy, There is a mechanism called ‘shear heating’ that has been considered as a... (52 days 18 hours ago)
- Roy P Dunn: When you pump up your bicycle tyres, the pump gets hot, due to friction in the pump mechanism, and... (53 days 3 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Author Archives: Metageologist
Did you click here because of the word pedantism in the title? If so, you’ll like this (perhaps) apochryphal exchange between a married couple I know. Person A: ” You’re always correcting me! Your pedantism is really getting me down.” … Continue reading
Just 100s km away from you are right now there is a place where rocks can flow, where once-living matter is turned in jewels, from where deadly plumes once killed nearly all life on earth. We can never visit this place … Continue reading