The authorSimon Wellings
- A new paradigm for Barrovian metamorphism?
- Metamorphic petrology: under pressure and getting stressed?
- Dinosaurs and the dangers of pedantism
- Six amazing facts about what’s under your feet
- A world without subduction
- #thinsectionThursday – what Twitter was made for
- The Himalaya: mountains made from mountains
- BRITICE-CHRONO: death of an ice sheet
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:
- mount everest: It was still an extraordinary rush to go on a mobile occasion to the Everest district,... (2 days 22 hours ago)
- Candy Blackham: I am gradually building a blogsite of walks in Suffolk, amongst others, and will link to this... (10 days 13 hours ago)
- Kim Hannula: Interesting paper (& I don’t have access to Geological Magazine here, I don’t... (24 days 12 hours ago)
- Metageologist: I’m jealous! I don’t have any decent samples myself… (29 days 14 hours ago)
- joe ford: I’m just a layman but I have in my collection, a few eclogites. one is the size of a... (29 days 16 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Those terms are all abbreviations for names of thrusts. The rocks in the Himalaya are made up... (31 days 10 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Tag Archives: metamorphism
Accretionary Wedge #37 called for examples of ‘Sexy Geology’. Here’s mine: You always remember your first time. I was a young man, freshly graduated and I’d somehow persuaded the government to give me (just) enough money to spend three years … Continue reading →