The authorSimon Wellings
- A deeper look at the geology of diamonds
- Some facets of the Geology of Diamonds
- A harder look at the geology of diamonds
- Structural Geology by the Deformation numbers
- Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world
- The Grampian / Taconic orogeny in Ireland – when arcs attack
- Scandinavian crust now in Alaska!
- When continents rotate
Search this blog
- On A deeper look at the geology of diamonds:
- Chris: Hi Simon thank you for your fast reply, maybe the point is that you mean here “This portion of... (3 days 19 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Chris, Maybe I could have phrased things better. The subducting slab is recent (100Ma) so... (3 days 22 hours ago)
- Chris: At first nice article but I think there are 2 inaccuracies in your article: 1. “The ultrabasic... (4 days 0 hours ago)
- Metageologist: I’ve replied on the Sci Am site, but some more thoughts here. The arguments for a... (11 days 13 hours ago)
- Torbjörn Larsson, OM: Ah, I meant to say that anoxygenic photosynthesis was consistent with the Isua finds. I... (11 days 15 hours ago)
- Torbjörn Larsson, OM: For some reason I had managed to notice most of the sulfur works, but not the diamond... (11 days 15 hours ago)
Latest from the Geoblogosphere
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Tag Archives: gabbro
Accretionary Wedge #37 called for examples of ‘Sexy Geology’. Here’s mine: You always remember your first time. I was a young man, freshly graduated and I’d somehow persuaded the government to give me (just) enough money to spend three years … Continue reading →