The authorSimon Wellings
- Metamorphic petrology: under pressure and getting stressed?
- Dinosaurs and the dangers of pedantism
- Six amazing facts about what’s under your feet
- A world without subduction
- #thinsectionThursday – what Twitter was made for
- The Himalaya: mountains made from mountains
- BRITICE-CHRONO: death of an ice sheet
- Traces of glacial ice and water
Search this blog
- On Information about left-handed geologists: results:
- David: Happy left-handed day. I just came across your posts. I am another left-handed geologist. Currently... (15 days 19 hours ago)
- Jerry Sweeney: Hey Cush, great to hear such memories of our overlapping times with Dennis in the Highlands.... (16 days 23 hours ago)
- Hollis: Super-interesting post and thanks for the clear explanations. timely too — we were just up... (25 days 9 hours ago)
- Kostas: fair enough (25 days 16 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Glad you liked it! Deviatoric and differential stress is very similar, but both cause strain.... (25 days 19 hours ago)
- Zun nun: @Ismacil ali ahmed How are mountains formed? Are they pegs that prevent the earth from shaking? Quran... (26 days 7 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Tag Archives: connemara
Accretionary Wedge #37 called for examples of ‘Sexy Geology’. Here’s mine: You always remember your first time. I was a young man, freshly graduated and I’d somehow persuaded the government to give me (just) enough money to spend three years … Continue reading →