The authorSimon Wellings
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
- The Constitution of the Interior of Earth, as Revealed by Earthquakes
Search this blog
- On Hurled from the sky:
- Charlie: I’d dearly love to find some of these – maybe I will once I get my arse in gear and go... (3 days 3 hours ago)
- Chris: Depending on the temperature of the subduction zone greenschist or blueschist after this eclogite (8 days 15 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: cookie0_0 (8 days 20 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: haha we have similar names lol (8 days 21 hours ago)
- Ojunta Spyropoulos I: Hello gud day pls; my name is Ojunta Spyropoulos am 21years of age and a semi-finalist... (29 days 13 hours ago)
- Kevin N: Calum Gilhooly — This is a year-and-a-half late, but I’ve written a rebuttal to the young... (53 days 9 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Where on Google Earth
I happened to recognise Brian’s picture of a section of the Richat Structure in Mauritania straight away, so here I am hosting this excellent geological competition. Where on earth is this place? To find out, get to Google Earth and get … Continue reading
I won Felix’s WoGE #342 only after he made some rather broad hints, which meant this was more of a Google search solution than a Google Earth one, if you know what I mean. If you don’t, welcome! You have … Continue reading
Christoph’s lovely view of fractal patterns in the Scheldt estuary took a while to find, but his hint made me think of European estuaries and I happened to start in the West…. I’ve given up guessing how hard my Where … Continue reading