The authorSimon Wellings
- Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
Search this blog
- On Past and future: eclogite and the moon:Scandinavian crust now in Alaska!:Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?:
- Metageologist: Hi, I couldn’t agree more! This is the topic of my next post – thanks for the... (50 days 1 hour ago)
- m: Hi! There is quite convincing (at least to me) model by Trond Torsvik and his group that traces plume... (50 days 1 hour ago)
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (107 days 9 hours ago)
- memorial day quotes: I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this shlrt article together. I once... (76 days 7 hours ago)
- Alem: Hi ,i need any of ur explanation abt geological structures, so teach me via my e-mail address. Many Txs! (114 days 21 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading