The authorSimon Wellings
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
Search this blog
- On Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?:
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (14 days 8 hours ago)
- Alem: Hi ,i need any of ur explanation abt geological structures, so teach me via my e-mail address. Many Txs! (21 days 20 hours ago)
- Smithd77: whoah this blog is fantastic i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You... (32 days 17 hours ago)
- Pharmb821: Very nice site! (45 days 6 hours ago)
- ray fletcher: Hi Metageologist! I’d really like to know who you are. Send me a note. It’s... (32 days 23 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Matt, That’s fair comment, thanks for the extra detail. I think you and I are showing... (35 days 3 hours ago)
- Matt Hall: Nice post, and nice collection of images. But even with your footnote, I don’t think one can... (35 days 4 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading