The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:
- nanon: It baffles me when I see mankind leaving earth and going in space for what ever reason I don’t... (4 days 4 hours ago)
- Faisal Muhammad: Hi…. is it possible that at particular point during exhumation of an eclogite rock... (18 days 4 hours ago)
- Richard H Stafursky: Great to see interest in the “Layers of life”. Obviously metageology is... (19 days 4 hours ago)
- Expository essay academic help: Excellent post thank you for sharing this informative post with us. (27 days 14 hours ago)
- RJ: I love your blog! As a deep time paleoclimate person I have to point out though, there is no good evidence... (54 days 14 hours ago)
- Hollis Marriott: Interesting post. I had to read it immediately, as I too am sipping from a porcelain cup once... (57 days 1 hour ago)
- SHANKAR ZAWAR: Hello,plz give map of diamonds mines in INDIA with their exact locations.Details of diamonds... (66 days 19 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading