The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Deep time and dead things in the wall:Traces of glacial ice and water:
- Metageologist: Thanks Daff, You’ve slightly anticipated where I’m going next. Got any good pics I... (21 days 5 hours ago)
- Daf: Lovely stuff Si – and many of these features can be recognized in what is now the marine... (21 days 10 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Andrew Zolnai has a great post with some actual data. Taking records from captains logs over... (26 days 7 hours ago)
- alex: It is truly a nice and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you shared this helpful info with us.... (40 days 13 hours ago)
- yeastrolsource.com: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve really... (49 days 4 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading