The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world:
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (19 days 17 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (22 days 1 hour ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (51 days 2 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (34 days 16 hours ago)
- Heva Nurhayani: Can you tell me, what is different between P-T path and P-T-t D? (41 days 14 hours ago)
- Metageologist: On this subject, Jodrell Bank itself was briefly the only means Britain had to detect Russian... (58 days 1 hour ago)
- Unifore: You write geological articles in the novelist way. It’s quite easy to understand. Thank you. (77 days 5 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading