The authorSimon Wellings
- Volcanoes and mass extinctions – tracking a killer
- Ultrafast eclogitisation through overpressure
- The Himalayan mountains: flow and fracture
- Speed of metamorphism: cooling down
- Speed of metamorphism: heating up
- The many metamorphoses of the Moine
- The deceptive simplicity of a metamorphic rock
- Stirring tales from the deep past.
Search this blog
- On Speed of metamorphism: cooling down:
- Help With Programming Homework: This is really great work. Thank you for sharing such a useful information... (4 hours 25 minutes ago)
- Azeez: Hello Are the agents of metamorphism just limited to temperature,pressure and chemically active fluid... (13 days 23 hours ago)
- Yvette Worrall: Part way through introducing a group of 12 year olds in a Waldorf/Steiner school in /South... (57 days 0 hours ago)
- Elizabeth Santin: Thank you for the information. I have been trying to determine what section is moving which... (58 days 19 hours ago)
- Martha Nyama: Encountered (73 days 0 hours ago)
- Martha Nyama: Harmony Dome central Namibia we ecnounterd a granite intruding a carbonate. Now the intrusion... (73 days 0 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading