The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Fracking great science from the British Geological Survey:
- Teodora: So basically their north is our middle (6 days 5 hours ago)
- lisa: i dont understand (6 days 5 hours ago)
- Saroj: In my view in this increasing the latest technology why the scientist didn’t try to make a cable... (23 days 10 hours ago)
- bob: thx (37 days 18 hours ago)
- Crystal Pringle: Thank you so much for putting this content into a readable form. I am an undergraduate of... (29 days 20 hours ago)
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (47 days 5 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading