The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:Ecton – copper, limestone and folds:The Great Ordovician meteor shower:
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (17 days 3 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (47 days 21 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (50 days 4 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (79 days 6 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (62 days 20 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: What Geology did to me
I work in IT, computers, geeky stuff. Having been a programmer I now manage a team of them, building new systems and supporting old ones. Having a science PhD is quite a common background in my line of business. Not … Continue reading
I’ve another quirky habit, picked up from years of field work that I’d like to confess to you all. Picture the scene: I’m standing on an Irish hillside and I’ve just found the most glorious outcrop. It’s glacially polished, each … Continue reading
I have an odd habit. My wife mocks me for it, good-naturedly, but I am slightly embarrassed about it. No, not that! What it is, I always stand on one leg while tying my shoelaces, like a mad boot-wearing flamingo. To … Continue reading