The authorSimon Wellings
- North American Arctic – icy beauty
- Beyond plate tectonics
- Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
Search this blog
- On A deeper look at the geology of diamonds:Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths:
- Hollis: interesting, great story! (the Earth is wonderful that way) I’m also enjoying your geology of... (30 days 6 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi, I couldn’t agree more! This is the topic of my next post – thanks for the... (83 days 11 hours ago)
- m: Hi! There is quite convincing (at least to me) model by Trond Torsvik and his group that traces plume... (83 days 11 hours ago)
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (140 days 19 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Be warned, this is sort of an elaborate test page. My last two posts weren’t appearing in my rss feed due to an obscure technical problem (hint use http://validator.w3.org/feed/? if you get odd rss problems). I know a lot of you find … Continue reading
Today’s XKCD cartoon was interesting (as well as the usual funny and clever). The humour is contrasting the ephemeral world of Hollywood with the eventual fate of the world. My initial reaction, beyond enjoyment of the cartoon, was “what, only … Continue reading
It’s been a year since I started this blog and tradition dictates I do a spot of navel-gazing – talk about this blog and the process of blogging, that sort of thing. Over the past year I’ve published 58 posts, … Continue reading