The authorSimon Wellings
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
- The Constitution of the Interior of Earth, as Revealed by Earthquakes
Search this blog
- On Hurled from the sky:
- Charlie: I’d dearly love to find some of these – maybe I will once I get my arse in gear and go... (3 days 3 hours ago)
- Chris: Depending on the temperature of the subduction zone greenschist or blueschist after this eclogite (8 days 15 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: cookie0_0 (8 days 20 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: haha we have similar names lol (8 days 20 hours ago)
- Ojunta Spyropoulos I: Hello gud day pls; my name is Ojunta Spyropoulos am 21years of age and a semi-finalist... (29 days 13 hours ago)
- Kevin N: Calum Gilhooly — This is a year-and-a-half late, but I’ve written a rebuttal to the young... (53 days 9 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Be warned, this is sort of an elaborate test page. My last two posts weren’t appearing in my rss feed due to an obscure technical problem (hint use http://validator.w3.org/feed/? if you get odd rss problems). I know a lot of you find … Continue reading
Today’s XKCD cartoon was interesting (as well as the usual funny and clever). The humour is contrasting the ephemeral world of Hollywood with the eventual fate of the world. My initial reaction, beyond enjoyment of the cartoon, was “what, only … Continue reading
It’s been a year since I started this blog and tradition dictates I do a spot of navel-gazing – talk about this blog and the process of blogging, that sort of thing. Over the past year I’ve published 58 posts, … Continue reading