The authorSimon Wellings
- A new paradigm for Barrovian metamorphism?
- Metamorphic petrology: under pressure and getting stressed?
- Dinosaurs and the dangers of pedantism
- Six amazing facts about what’s under your feet
- A world without subduction
- #thinsectionThursday – what Twitter was made for
- The Himalaya: mountains made from mountains
- BRITICE-CHRONO: death of an ice sheet
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:
- mount everest: It was still an extraordinary rush to go on a mobile occasion to the Everest district,... (2 days 4 hours ago)
- Candy Blackham: I am gradually building a blogsite of walks in Suffolk, amongst others, and will link to this... (9 days 19 hours ago)
- Kim Hannula: Interesting paper (& I don’t have access to Geological Magazine here, I don’t... (23 days 18 hours ago)
- Metageologist: I’m jealous! I don’t have any decent samples myself… (28 days 20 hours ago)
- joe ford: I’m just a layman but I have in my collection, a few eclogites. one is the size of a... (28 days 22 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Those terms are all abbreviations for names of thrusts. The rocks in the Himalaya are made up... (30 days 16 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We all know of places we love because we can look out on a wonderful view. But what makes a view special? Sometimes views make great photos – they have combinations of colours, textures and composition that really work. Really … Continue reading
Once my wife and I visited many art galleries and I developed a rule of thumb – the quality of an artist can be assessed by the way they paint rock. If a figurative artist has put an outcrop in … Continue reading
The earth’s surface is not fixed. Oceans come and go and continents are constantly moving, breaking up and reforming like blobs of oil on the surface of a stock-pot. Since tectonic plates are not flat (they collectively form the surface … Continue reading