The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Structural Geology by the Deformation numbers:
- Crystal Pringle: Thank you so much for putting this content into a readable form. I am an undergraduate of... (3 days 13 hours ago)
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (20 days 22 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (51 days 15 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (53 days 23 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (66 days 14 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We all know of places we love because we can look out on a wonderful view. But what makes a view special? Sometimes views make great photos – they have combinations of colours, textures and composition that really work. Really … Continue reading
Once my wife and I visited many art galleries and I developed a rule of thumb – the quality of an artist can be assessed by the way they paint rock. If a figurative artist has put an outcrop in … Continue reading
The earth’s surface is not fixed. Oceans come and go and continents are constantly moving, breaking up and reforming like blobs of oil on the surface of a stock-pot. Since tectonic plates are not flat (they collectively form the surface … Continue reading