The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world:
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (6 days 13 hours ago)
- Marina Zac: Hi thank you for your very interesting post. I would like to learn more about the name Baratanac.... (17 days 12 hours ago)
- Metageologist: On this subject, Jodrell Bank itself was briefly the only means Britain had to detect Russian... (13 days 13 hours ago)
- Unifore: You write geological articles in the novelist way. It’s quite easy to understand. Thank you. (32 days 16 hours ago)
- Golddigger: You write “Over several billions of years, grain by grain, these…” The word... (36 days 21 hours ago)
- Jules Bradbury: By chance, I came across your writing – as rich and complex as the diverse geology... (88 days 15 hours ago)
- Essay Writing Service: Hi, I like The whole fold, The ridge on the skyline is the one the above photo is taken... (128 days 17 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We all know of places we love because we can look out on a wonderful view. But what makes a view special? Sometimes views make great photos – they have combinations of colours, textures and composition that really work. Really … Continue reading
Once my wife and I visited many art galleries and I developed a rule of thumb – the quality of an artist can be assessed by the way they paint rock. If a figurative artist has put an outcrop in … Continue reading
The earth’s surface is not fixed. Oceans come and go and continents are constantly moving, breaking up and reforming like blobs of oil on the surface of a stock-pot. Since tectonic plates are not flat (they collectively form the surface … Continue reading