The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Getting a nose for folds:
- abcya: Your article is very interesting. I definitely like this site. I will wait for your next post! (19 hours 40 minutes ago)
- Metageologist: The dispute wasn’t around the map as such, more the relative ages of events. I studied... (1 day 21 hours ago)
- Alastair Leake: What did you dispute with Tanner & Leake over their map? (2 days 5 hours ago)
- Samson Mamus: It’s a great write up you uploaded here.. It really gave me an insight as to what the D,... (2 days 17 hours ago)
- Peter: I would love to see a time line for mount Everest. Also the flow from under the plateau, could we... (34 days 5 hours ago)
- Saroj: In my view in this increasing the latest technology why the scientist didn’t try to make a cable... (58 days 21 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We all know of places we love because we can look out on a wonderful view. But what makes a view special? Sometimes views make great photos – they have combinations of colours, textures and composition that really work. Really … Continue reading
Once my wife and I visited many art galleries and I developed a rule of thumb – the quality of an artist can be assessed by the way they paint rock. If a figurative artist has put an outcrop in … Continue reading
The earth’s surface is not fixed. Oceans come and go and continents are constantly moving, breaking up and reforming like blobs of oil on the surface of a stock-pot. Since tectonic plates are not flat (they collectively form the surface … Continue reading