The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world:
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (19 days 17 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (22 days 1 hour ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (51 days 2 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (34 days 16 hours ago)
- Heva Nurhayani: Can you tell me, what is different between P-T path and P-T-t D? (41 days 14 hours ago)
- Metageologist: On this subject, Jodrell Bank itself was briefly the only means Britain had to detect Russian... (58 days 1 hour ago)
- Unifore: You write geological articles in the novelist way. It’s quite easy to understand. Thank you. (77 days 5 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We all know of places we love because we can look out on a wonderful view. But what makes a view special? Sometimes views make great photos – they have combinations of colours, textures and composition that really work. Really … Continue reading
Once my wife and I visited many art galleries and I developed a rule of thumb – the quality of an artist can be assessed by the way they paint rock. If a figurative artist has put an outcrop in … Continue reading
The earth’s surface is not fixed. Oceans come and go and continents are constantly moving, breaking up and reforming like blobs of oil on the surface of a stock-pot. Since tectonic plates are not flat (they collectively form the surface … Continue reading