The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Geological pilgrimage – Assynt, Scotland:
- Stephanie Mackay: Hi Cush, I am still living happily in Tongue, Sutherland 36 years on. Still one of the most... (2 days 18 hours ago)
- pedroR: Good post Reading this at 2016. practically the same thing $ 29.9 USD for one single image posted on a... (14 days 14 hours ago)
- wings.io: let’s play wings.io games (25 days 3 hours ago)
- slither.io: let’s play slither.io games (25 days 3 hours ago)
- abcya: abcya games for kids (25 days 3 hours ago)
- veevee123: According to the different needs of stainless steel flat structure composed of various members of... (25 days 6 hours ago)
- S Maynard: The Gawain poet rather wonderfully calls the Green Chapel “no-but an old cave” the... (25 days 15 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: tectonics
Look at a large-scale geological map and, provided the area is not covered in recent sediments, there will be large areas of red showing outcrops of granite. There are many ways in which rocks can be melted to produce granitic magma. … Continue reading
The word terrane has a very specific geological meaning. Usually short for tectonostratigraphic terrane, they’ve been defined as “fault-bounded crustal blocks that preserved a geological record distinct from that of adjacent terranes” (Jones et al., 1983). The concept was first coined … Continue reading