The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Eclogite: mysterious visitor from the deep:Oceanic crust – that sinking feeling:Cratons – old and strong:
- Antonio Quitari: Dear mr Christopher et all, I am writting from Angola. Want to access information o Diamond (... (22 days 5 hours ago)
- zulfiqar ahmad: please any body can explain it, why cratons are stable .? (25 days 1 hour ago)
- Brianne Alvarran: I was incredibly glad to identify this site.I required to take pleasure in this excellent... (23 days 13 hours ago)
- Faisal Muhammad: Hi…. is it possible that at particular point during exhumation of an eclogite rock... (48 days 3 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: tectonics
Look at a large-scale geological map and, provided the area is not covered in recent sediments, there will be large areas of red showing outcrops of granite. There are many ways in which rocks can be melted to produce granitic magma. … Continue reading
The word terrane has a very specific geological meaning. Usually short for tectonostratigraphic terrane, they’ve been defined as “fault-bounded crustal blocks that preserved a geological record distinct from that of adjacent terranes” (Jones et al., 1983). The concept was first coined … Continue reading