The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:Ecton – copper, limestone and folds:The Great Ordovician meteor shower:
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (15 days 16 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (46 days 10 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (48 days 18 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (77 days 19 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (61 days 9 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: tectonics
Much of the earth’s surface is covered by sedimentary rocks. These form as sediment settles on the surface. As the types of sediment change – sand to mud to sand again – different layers are formed, some hard some soft. The … Continue reading