The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:
- nanon: It baffles me when I see mankind leaving earth and going in space for what ever reason I don’t... (6 days 14 hours ago)
- Faisal Muhammad: Hi…. is it possible that at particular point during exhumation of an eclogite rock... (20 days 14 hours ago)
- Richard H Stafursky: Great to see interest in the “Layers of life”. Obviously metageology is... (21 days 15 hours ago)
- Expository essay academic help: Excellent post thank you for sharing this informative post with us. (30 days 0 hours ago)
- RJ: I love your blog! As a deep time paleoclimate person I have to point out though, there is no good evidence... (57 days 1 hour ago)
- Hollis Marriott: Interesting post. I had to read it immediately, as I too am sipping from a porcelain cup once... (59 days 11 hours ago)
- SHANKAR ZAWAR: Hello,plz give map of diamonds mines in INDIA with their exact locations.Details of diamonds... (69 days 6 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: tectonics
Plate tectonics is the core unifying concept that has underpinned our understanding of the solid earth for over 50 years. To describe your research as moving “beyond plate tectonics” is quite a claim, but Trond Torsvik and the group he leads … Continue reading
Much of the earth’s surface is covered by sedimentary rocks. These form as sediment settles on the surface. As the types of sediment change – sand to mud to sand again – different layers are formed, some hard some soft. The … Continue reading