The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world:
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (5 days 16 hours ago)
- Marina Zac: Hi thank you for your very interesting post. I would like to learn more about the name Baratanac.... (16 days 15 hours ago)
- Metageologist: On this subject, Jodrell Bank itself was briefly the only means Britain had to detect Russian... (12 days 15 hours ago)
- Unifore: You write geological articles in the novelist way. It’s quite easy to understand. Thank you. (31 days 19 hours ago)
- Golddigger: You write “Over several billions of years, grain by grain, these…” The word... (35 days 23 hours ago)
- Jules Bradbury: By chance, I came across your writing – as rich and complex as the diverse geology... (87 days 17 hours ago)
- Essay Writing Service: Hi, I like The whole fold, The ridge on the skyline is the one the above photo is taken... (127 days 20 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: tectonics
Plate tectonics is the core unifying concept that has underpinned our understanding of the solid earth for over 50 years. To describe your research as moving “beyond plate tectonics” is quite a claim, but Trond Torsvik and the group he leads … Continue reading
Much of the earth’s surface is covered by sedimentary rocks. These form as sediment settles on the surface. As the types of sediment change – sand to mud to sand again – different layers are formed, some hard some soft. The … Continue reading