The authorSimon Wellings
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
- The Constitution of the Interior of Earth, as Revealed by Earthquakes
Search this blog
- On Oceanic crust – that sinking feeling:
- Chris: Depending on the temperature of the subduction zone greenschist or blueschist after this eclogite (4 days 15 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: cookie0_0 (4 days 21 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: haha we have similar names lol (4 days 21 hours ago)
- Ojunta Spyropoulos I: Hello gud day pls; my name is Ojunta Spyropoulos am 21years of age and a semi-finalist... (25 days 14 hours ago)
- Kevin N: Calum Gilhooly — This is a year-and-a-half late, but I’ve written a rebuttal to the young... (49 days 10 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Roy, There is a mechanism called ‘shear heating’ that has been considered as a... (52 days 13 hours ago)
- Roy P Dunn: When you pump up your bicycle tyres, the pump gets hot, due to friction in the pump mechanism, and... (52 days 23 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: subduction
Andalucia is a province in Spain, at the far south west of Europe. Its long and varied human history has seen it linked to the middle East, north Africa and the Americas. The creation of these links brought new foods, … Continue reading
This is the third part of a story told to me by a Carbon atom in my brain. It started with her tale of how she ended up on earth, followed by an inside view of the Carbon cycle. So like … Continue reading