The authorSimon Wellings
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
- The Constitution of the Interior of Earth, as Revealed by Earthquakes
Search this blog
- On Hurled from the sky:
- Charlie: I’d dearly love to find some of these – maybe I will once I get my arse in gear and go... (3 days 11 hours ago)
- Chris: Depending on the temperature of the subduction zone greenschist or blueschist after this eclogite (8 days 23 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: cookie0_0 (9 days 4 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: haha we have similar names lol (9 days 5 hours ago)
- Ojunta Spyropoulos I: Hello gud day pls; my name is Ojunta Spyropoulos am 21years of age and a semi-finalist... (29 days 21 hours ago)
- Kevin N: Calum Gilhooly — This is a year-and-a-half late, but I’ve written a rebuttal to the young... (53 days 17 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: subduction
How to tell if the loaf of bread in your oven is cooked? You can see the outside is nicely browned, but you can’t see the middle – is it doughy still? Give it a tap and listen. If it sounds … Continue reading
Subduction is just the beginning. Stuck on the surface of the earth as we are, it’s easy to think that when oceanic lithosphere is destroyed when it vanishes into the mantle. But this is wrong. The more we manage to peer … Continue reading