The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world:
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (11 days 15 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (13 days 22 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (43 days 0 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (26 days 14 hours ago)
- Heva Nurhayani: Can you tell me, what is different between P-T path and P-T-t D? (33 days 12 hours ago)
- Metageologist: On this subject, Jodrell Bank itself was briefly the only means Britain had to detect Russian... (49 days 23 hours ago)
- Unifore: You write geological articles in the novelist way. It’s quite easy to understand. Thank you. (69 days 3 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: subduction
Plate tectonics is the core unifying concept that has underpinned our understanding of the solid earth for over 50 years. To describe your research as moving “beyond plate tectonics” is quite a claim, but Trond Torsvik and the group he leads … Continue reading
How to tell if the loaf of bread in your oven is cooked? You can see the outside is nicely browned, but you can’t see the middle – is it doughy still? Give it a tap and listen. If it sounds … Continue reading