The authorSimon Wellings
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
Search this blog
- On Getting a nose for folds:
- memorial day quotes: I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this shlrt article together. I once... (11 days 18 hours ago)
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (42 days 21 hours ago)
- Alem: Hi ,i need any of ur explanation abt geological structures, so teach me via my e-mail address. Many Txs! (50 days 9 hours ago)
- Smithd77: whoah this blog is fantastic i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You... (61 days 6 hours ago)
- Pharmb821: Very nice site! (73 days 19 hours ago)
- ray fletcher: Hi Metageologist! I’d really like to know who you are. Send me a note. It’s... (61 days 11 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: sediments
My life is currently in a phase that isn’t compatible with many trips to the field. No complaints, but this does mean a lack of opportunities to take geological photos. So when my mum told returned from a geological field … Continue reading
England’s Peak District is made almost entirely from Carboniferous sediments, in a broad anticline. On the outside edges, mid to late Carboniferous rocks are dominated by sandstone, with subsidiary mudstone and coal. The core is an area known as the White Peak … Continue reading
The ‘Dark Peak’, the land to the south and east of Macclesfield rising up above the Cheshire plain, is a wild place. We are in England though, and even here in the North, things are only mildly wild. This is … Continue reading