The authorSimon Wellings
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
Search this blog
- On Channel flow – hot rocks, big glaciers and the world’s tallest mountains:
- Smithd77: whoah this blog is fantastic i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You... (5 days 10 hours ago)
- Pharmb821: Very nice site! (17 days 23 hours ago)
- Smithc768: 1000s of Show Gambler, since the Lastly associated with Sept .. ckdkcdbkccgfdgdg (19 days 22 hours ago)
- ray fletcher: Hi Metageologist! I’d really like to know who you are. Send me a note. It’s... (5 days 15 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Matt, That’s fair comment, thanks for the extra detail. I think you and I are showing... (7 days 19 hours ago)
- Matt Hall: Nice post, and nice collection of images. But even with your footnote, I don’t think one can... (7 days 21 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: sediments
Scottish oil is topical. Most of Britain’s oil and gas deposits sit under the seabed around Scotland but the revenues are shared with the whole of the United Kingdom. If Scotland decides to become an independent state (there’s a vote … Continue reading
Between Mars and Jupiter, 470 million years ago, there was a massive collision between two 100km-sized chunks of rock – this solar system’s biggest bang of the last billion years. It created a massive cloud of smaller fragments. Some of … Continue reading
Fracking is rightly a major political issue. In Britain this is topical as the government has just released a technical report showing that very large volumes of natural gas are locked into rocks beneath northern England. As a tax-payer whose … Continue reading