The authorSimon Wellings
- Metamorphic petrology: under pressure and getting stressed?
- Dinosaurs and the dangers of pedantism
- Six amazing facts about what’s under your feet
- A world without subduction
- #thinsectionThursday – what Twitter was made for
- The Himalaya: mountains made from mountains
- BRITICE-CHRONO: death of an ice sheet
- Traces of glacial ice and water
Search this blog
- On Information about left-handed geologists: results:
- Nannie: Ridiculous quest there. What happened after? Good luck! Here is my web page – veg-wallpapers.com... (14 hours 56 minutes ago)
- David: Happy left-handed day. I just came across your posts. I am another left-handed geologist. Currently... (19 days 22 hours ago)
- Byron: Hello very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your site and take the... (17 hours 9 minutes ago)
- Metageologist: Those terms are all abbreviations for names of thrusts. The rocks in the Himalaya are made up... (1 day 11 hours ago)
- unnikrishnan: a wonderful blog with lots of knowledge. What are the exact definition for the terms HFF, MCT ,... (1 day 20 hours ago)
- unnikrishnan: I write and eat with my right hand and throw a ball and swing hammer with left. But i am doing... (1 day 20 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: sediments
Here in Cadiz, I’m surrounded by death and I don’t mind at all. It’s the geologist in me thinking this – in every other way this is a lovely life-affirming holiday. It’s just that every surface seems to be filled … Continue reading
Scottish oil is topical. Most of Britain’s oil and gas deposits sit under the seabed around Scotland but the revenues are shared with the whole of the United Kingdom. If Scotland decides to become an independent state (there’s a vote … Continue reading