The authorSimon Wellings
- Volcanoes and mass extinctions – tracking a killer
- Ultrafast eclogitisation through overpressure
- The Himalayan mountains: flow and fracture
- Speed of metamorphism: cooling down
- Speed of metamorphism: heating up
- The many metamorphoses of the Moine
- The deceptive simplicity of a metamorphic rock
- Stirring tales from the deep past.
Search this blog
- On Speed of metamorphism: cooling down:
- Help With Programming Homework: This is really great work. Thank you for sharing such a useful information... (2 hours 39 minutes ago)
- Azeez: Hello Are the agents of metamorphism just limited to temperature,pressure and chemically active fluid... (13 days 21 hours ago)
- Yvette Worrall: Part way through introducing a group of 12 year olds in a Waldorf/Steiner school in /South... (56 days 22 hours ago)
- Elizabeth Santin: Thank you for the information. I have been trying to determine what section is moving which... (58 days 18 hours ago)
- Martha Nyama: Encountered (72 days 22 hours ago)
- Martha Nyama: Harmony Dome central Namibia we ecnounterd a granite intruding a carbonate. Now the intrusion... (72 days 22 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Scotland
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading
Scottish oil is topical. Most of Britain’s oil and gas deposits sit under the seabed around Scotland but the revenues are shared with the whole of the United Kingdom. If Scotland decides to become an independent state (there’s a vote … Continue reading
Geology is such a great thing to study because it involves making so many connections through time and space, switching scales from the cosmic to the atomic. This means that challenge for this series of posts about the geology of … Continue reading