The authorSimon Wellings
- Volcanoes and mass extinctions – tracking a killer
- Ultrafast eclogitisation through overpressure
- The Himalayan mountains: flow and fracture
- Speed of metamorphism: cooling down
- Speed of metamorphism: heating up
- The many metamorphoses of the Moine
- The deceptive simplicity of a metamorphic rock
- Stirring tales from the deep past.
Search this blog
- On About the author:
- Yvette Worrall: Part way through introducing a group of 12 year olds in a Waldorf/Steiner school in /South... (32 days 4 hours ago)
- Elizabeth Santin: Thank you for the information. I have been trying to determine what section is moving which... (34 days 0 hours ago)
- Martha Nyama: Encountered (48 days 4 hours ago)
- Martha Nyama: Harmony Dome central Namibia we ecnounterd a granite intruding a carbonate. Now the intrusion... (48 days 5 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: not geology
There’s a fabulous new site that shows wind patterns – it gives you a whole new perspective on the globe. One of the most striking things is the regular patterns across the oceans. Until quite recently long-distance travel was dependent on … Continue reading
I’ve bought a deck chair this Summer and it’s got me thinking. As I’ve sat in it – enjoying some peace until the moment when my children and ‘playing nicely together’ abruptly part company – I’ve been looking at the sky and … Continue reading
Is it legitimate to reproduce diagrams from scientific papers in a blog post? Curious, I asked the question of Twitter. It returned two distinct responses. One response, from a pair of scientists and highly respected and active bloggers was (to … Continue reading