The authorSimon Wellings
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
Search this blog
- On Past and future: eclogite and the moon:Scandinavian crust now in Alaska!:Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?:
- Metageologist: Hi, I couldn’t agree more! This is the topic of my next post – thanks for the... (28 days 0 hours ago)
- m: Hi! There is quite convincing (at least to me) model by Trond Torsvik and his group that traces plume... (28 days 0 hours ago)
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (85 days 9 hours ago)
- memorial day quotes: I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this shlrt article together. I once... (54 days 6 hours ago)
- Alem: Hi ,i need any of ur explanation abt geological structures, so teach me via my e-mail address. Many Txs! (92 days 21 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: not geology
There’s a fabulous new site that shows wind patterns – it gives you a whole new perspective on the globe. One of the most striking things is the regular patterns across the oceans. Until quite recently long-distance travel was dependent on … Continue reading
I’ve bought a deck chair this Summer and it’s got me thinking. As I’ve sat in it – enjoying some peace until the moment when my children and ‘playing nicely together’ abruptly part company – I’ve been looking at the sky and … Continue reading
Is it legitimate to reproduce diagrams from scientific papers in a blog post? Curious, I asked the question of Twitter. It returned two distinct responses. One response, from a pair of scientists and highly respected and active bloggers was (to … Continue reading