The authorSimon Wellings
- North American Arctic – icy beauty
- Beyond plate tectonics
- Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
Search this blog
- On A deeper look at the geology of diamonds:Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths:
- Hollis: interesting, great story! (the Earth is wonderful that way) I’m also enjoying your geology of... (30 days 23 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi, I couldn’t agree more! This is the topic of my next post – thanks for the... (84 days 3 hours ago)
- m: Hi! There is quite convincing (at least to me) model by Trond Torsvik and his group that traces plume... (84 days 3 hours ago)
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (141 days 12 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: mountains
Andalucia is a province in Spain, at the far south west of Europe. Its long and varied human history has seen it linked to the middle East, north Africa and the Americas. The creation of these links brought new foods, … Continue reading
The face of the earth is ever changing. Plate tectonics is slowly but surely rearranging the locations and inter-connections of continents. However knowing this in the abstract doesn’t prepare you for the awed surprise of discovering that a section of … Continue reading