The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Getting a nose for folds:
- Essay Writing Service: Hi, I like The whole fold, The ridge on the skyline is the one the above photo is taken... (22 days 1 hour ago)
- slither.io: let’s play slither.io games (52 days 21 hours ago)
- abcya: abcya games for kids (52 days 21 hours ago)
- Stephanie Mackay: Hi Cush, I am still living happily in Tongue, Sutherland 36 years on. Still one of the most... (30 days 12 hours ago)
- pedroR: Good post Reading this at 2016. practically the same thing $ 29.9 USD for one single image posted on a... (42 days 9 hours ago)
- veevee123: According to the different needs of stainless steel flat structure composed of various members of... (53 days 0 hours ago)
- S Maynard: The Gawain poet rather wonderfully calls the Green Chapel “no-but an old cave” the... (53 days 9 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: landscape
Look at this. As an abstract pattern, it looks like something Gustav Klimt might paint. View Larger Map But drill down into it in more detail and it changes into an uncomfortably close view of a reptiles skin. View Larger … Continue reading
Driving west across the edge of the English Peak District is a good way to see how geology shapes landscape. Tracing the routes that cross it – feeling their shapes with a finger on a map or with your body as … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading