The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Getting a nose for folds:
- Expository essay academic help: Excellent post thank you for sharing this informative post with us. (4 days 15 hours ago)
- FNAF World: Great post.The post is very informative for me and gives us multiple ideas. Please keep us update... (63 days 12 hours ago)
- RJ: I love your blog! As a deep time paleoclimate person I have to point out though, there is no good evidence... (31 days 15 hours ago)
- Hollis Marriott: Interesting post. I had to read it immediately, as I too am sipping from a porcelain cup once... (34 days 2 hours ago)
- SHANKAR ZAWAR: Hello,plz give map of diamonds mines in INDIA with their exact locations.Details of diamonds... (43 days 21 hours ago)
- salami: I think I will prefer pressure increasing downward, so that temperature is up and not down (50 days 2 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Ireland
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
Look at a large-scale geological map and, provided the area is not covered in recent sediments, there will be large areas of red showing outcrops of granite. There are many ways in which rocks can be melted to produce granitic magma. … Continue reading
The word terrane has a very specific geological meaning. Usually short for tectonostratigraphic terrane, they’ve been defined as “fault-bounded crustal blocks that preserved a geological record distinct from that of adjacent terranes” (Jones et al., 1983). The concept was first coined … Continue reading