The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Channel flow – hot rocks, big glaciers and the world’s tallest mountains:
- seo software: After fishing for referrals, you should already have a handful of companies and that is good.... (45 minutes 25 seconds ago)
- seo: Having an online business requires daily efficiency checks to make sure that everything is running the... (4 hours 57 minutes ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks Daff, You’ve slightly anticipated where I’m going next. Got any good pics I... (21 days 13 hours ago)
- Daf: Lovely stuff Si – and many of these features can be recognized in what is now the marine... (21 days 18 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Andrew Zolnai has a great post with some actual data. Taking records from captains logs over... (26 days 15 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Ireland
Look at a large-scale geological map and, provided the area is not covered in recent sediments, there will be large areas of red showing outcrops of granite. There are many ways in which rocks can be melted to produce granitic magma. … Continue reading
The word terrane has a very specific geological meaning. Usually short for tectonostratigraphic terrane, they’ve been defined as “fault-bounded crustal blocks that preserved a geological record distinct from that of adjacent terranes” (Jones et al., 1983). The concept was first coined … Continue reading