The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:Ecton – copper, limestone and folds:The Great Ordovician meteor shower:
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (16 days 22 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (47 days 16 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (50 days 0 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (79 days 1 hour ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (62 days 15 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: impacts
Looking is never just looking. When we gaze at something, we are not passive recipients of an image, instead our brain is constantly looking for patterns. If you are drifting over the earth, whether as an astronaut or via Google Maps then … Continue reading
We tend to think of radioactivity as an artificial thing; some argue that the first nuclear explosions in 1945 should mark the start of a new human-dominated geological epoch called the Anthropocene. These man-made explosions have left distinctive radioactive traces … Continue reading