The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On UPDATED: Copyright, blogging and scientific papers:
- pedroR: Good post Reading this at 2016. practically the same thing $ 29.9 USD for one single image posted on a... (9 days 17 hours ago)
- wings.io: let’s play wings.io games (20 days 5 hours ago)
- slither.io: let’s play slither.io games (20 days 5 hours ago)
- abcya: abcya games for kids (20 days 5 hours ago)
- veevee123: According to the different needs of stainless steel flat structure composed of various members of... (20 days 9 hours ago)
- S Maynard: The Gawain poet rather wonderfully calls the Green Chapel “no-but an old cave” the... (20 days 17 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: History
Between Mars and Jupiter, 470 million years ago, there was a massive collision between two 100km-sized chunks of rock – this solar system’s biggest bang of the last billion years. It created a massive cloud of smaller fragments. Some of … Continue reading
The county of Cornwall is like England’s foot, stretching out languorously into the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. Now a relatively poor area, best known for fishing and tourism, it has a proud industrial past based on mining, notably of tin. … Continue reading
Geology and history have much in common. Both seek to understand the past by objective analysis of the traces it has left in the present. Both arose from the application of hand and mind to the study of particular things … Continue reading
The ‘Dark Peak’, the land to the south and east of Macclesfield rising up above the Cheshire plain, is a wild place. We are in England though, and even here in the North, things are only mildly wild. This is … Continue reading