The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Structural Geology by the Deformation numbers:
- Crystal Pringle: Thank you so much for putting this content into a readable form. I am an undergraduate of... (5 days 8 hours ago)
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (22 days 17 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (53 days 11 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (55 days 18 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (68 days 10 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Glacial
Look at this. As an abstract pattern, it looks like something Gustav Klimt might paint. View Larger Map But drill down into it in more detail and it changes into an uncomfortably close view of a reptiles skin. View Larger … Continue reading
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading