The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Eclogite: mysterious visitor from the deep:Oceanic crust – that sinking feeling:Cratons – old and strong:
- Antonio Quitari: Dear mr Christopher et all, I am writting from Angola. Want to access information o Diamond (... (23 days 6 hours ago)
- zulfiqar ahmad: please any body can explain it, why cratons are stable .? (26 days 3 hours ago)
- Brianne Alvarran: I was incredibly glad to identify this site.I required to take pleasure in this excellent... (24 days 14 hours ago)
- Faisal Muhammad: Hi…. is it possible that at particular point during exhumation of an eclogite rock... (49 days 4 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Glacial
Look at this. As an abstract pattern, it looks like something Gustav Klimt might paint. View Larger Map But drill down into it in more detail and it changes into an uncomfortably close view of a reptiles skin. View Larger … Continue reading
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading