The authorSimon Wellings
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
Search this blog
- On Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?:
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (14 days 3 hours ago)
- Alem: Hi ,i need any of ur explanation abt geological structures, so teach me via my e-mail address. Many Txs! (21 days 15 hours ago)
- Smithd77: whoah this blog is fantastic i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You... (32 days 12 hours ago)
- Pharmb821: Very nice site! (45 days 1 hour ago)
- ray fletcher: Hi Metageologist! I’d really like to know who you are. Send me a note. It’s... (32 days 18 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Matt, That’s fair comment, thanks for the extra detail. I think you and I are showing... (34 days 22 hours ago)
- Matt Hall: Nice post, and nice collection of images. But even with your footnote, I don’t think one can... (34 days 23 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Glacial
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading
There is a park near my home that my children like. As is the way of things, this means I stand around it a lot, ready to rub bruised knees or produce biscuits or push ‘faster!’, but otherwise redundant. My … Continue reading