The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:
- Peter: I would love to see a time line for mount Everest. Also the flow from under the plateau, could we... (4 days 10 hours ago)
- Saroj: In my view in this increasing the latest technology why the scientist didn’t try to make a cable... (29 days 1 hour ago)
- bob: thx (43 days 9 hours ago)
- Teodora: So basically their north is our middle (11 days 20 hours ago)
- lisa: i dont understand (11 days 20 hours ago)
- Crystal Pringle: Thank you so much for putting this content into a readable form. I am an undergraduate of... (35 days 10 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Glacial
Look at this. As an abstract pattern, it looks like something Gustav Klimt might paint. View Larger Map But drill down into it in more detail and it changes into an uncomfortably close view of a reptiles skin. View Larger … Continue reading
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading