The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world:
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (12 days 5 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (14 days 12 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (43 days 14 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (27 days 4 hours ago)
- Heva Nurhayani: Can you tell me, what is different between P-T path and P-T-t D? (34 days 2 hours ago)
- Metageologist: On this subject, Jodrell Bank itself was briefly the only means Britain had to detect Russian... (50 days 13 hours ago)
- Unifore: You write geological articles in the novelist way. It’s quite easy to understand. Thank you. (69 days 17 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Glacial
Look at this. As an abstract pattern, it looks like something Gustav Klimt might paint. View Larger Map But drill down into it in more detail and it changes into an uncomfortably close view of a reptiles skin. View Larger … Continue reading
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading