The authorSimon Wellings
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
- The Constitution of the Interior of Earth, as Revealed by Earthquakes
Search this blog
- On Hurled from the sky:
- Charlie: I’d dearly love to find some of these – maybe I will once I get my arse in gear and go... (2 days 2 hours ago)
- Chris: Depending on the temperature of the subduction zone greenschist or blueschist after this eclogite (7 days 14 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: cookie0_0 (7 days 19 hours ago)
- cookie0_0: haha we have similar names lol (7 days 19 hours ago)
- Ojunta Spyropoulos I: Hello gud day pls; my name is Ojunta Spyropoulos am 21years of age and a semi-finalist... (28 days 12 hours ago)
- Kevin N: Calum Gilhooly — This is a year-and-a-half late, but I’ve written a rebuttal to the young... (52 days 8 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Glacial
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading
There is a park near my home that my children like. As is the way of things, this means I stand around it a lot, ready to rub bruised knees or produce biscuits or push ‘faster!’, but otherwise redundant. My … Continue reading