The authorSimon Wellings
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
- Tasting the earth: mantle geochemistry
- Metamorphic petrology under stress: round 2
- Seismology in space
Search this blog
- On Channel flow – hot rocks, big glaciers and the world’s tallest mountains:
- Smithd77: whoah this blog is fantastic i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You... (7 days 7 hours ago)
- Pharmb821: Very nice site! (19 days 20 hours ago)
- Smithc768: 1000s of Show Gambler, since the Lastly associated with Sept .. ckdkcdbkccgfdgdg (21 days 19 hours ago)
- ray fletcher: Hi Metageologist! I’d really like to know who you are. Send me a note. It’s... (7 days 12 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Matt, That’s fair comment, thanks for the extra detail. I think you and I are showing... (9 days 16 hours ago)
- Matt Hall: Nice post, and nice collection of images. But even with your footnote, I don’t think one can... (9 days 17 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: Glacial
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading
There’s an immediacy to the study of the Quaternary (the last few million years) that is rather seductive. Most geology is (after John McPhee) studying ‘the former world’ but the Quaternary is close enough in time that it is still … Continue reading
There is a park near my home that my children like. As is the way of things, this means I stand around it a lot, ready to rub bruised knees or produce biscuits or push ‘faster!’, but otherwise redundant. My … Continue reading