The authorSimon Wellings
- Beyond plate tectonics
- Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
- Great Geology in Google Maps: dunes
Search this blog
- On Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths:
- Hollis: interesting, great story! (the Earth is wonderful that way) I’m also enjoying your geology of... (3 days 13 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi, I couldn’t agree more! This is the topic of my next post – thanks for the... (56 days 17 hours ago)
- m: Hi! There is quite convincing (at least to me) model by Trond Torsvik and his group that traces plume... (56 days 17 hours ago)
- kk Tan: To invoke the effects of plumes in any geological phenomena, one has to understand fully the... (114 days 2 hours ago)
- memorial day quotes: I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this shlrt article together. I once... (82 days 23 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: etymology
Did you click here because of the word pedantism in the title? If so, you’ll like this (perhaps) apochryphal exchange between a married couple I know. Person A: ” You’re always correcting me! Your pedantism is really getting me down.” … Continue reading