The authorSimon Wellings
- North American Arctic – icy beauty
- Beyond plate tectonics
- Sediment and sea: from the heights to the depths
- Scars, acne and others: circles on the ground
- Into the Third Dimension: using Google Maps to know what’s underground
- Looking from the sky at diamonds
- Great Geology in Google Maps: mapping from above
- Hot spot volcanoes: no plumes required?
Search this blog
- On Cratons – old and strong:
- Metageologist: Hi, there’s a post I wrote about the beginnings of plate tectonics that might help:... (9 hours 54 minutes ago)
- Cat: Like a previous poster I also stumbled across this whilst looking for a Cratons explanation. However I... (1 day 6 hours ago)
- Hollis: interesting, great story! (the Earth is wonderful that way) I’m also enjoying your geology of... (34 days 8 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: etymology
Did you click here because of the word pedantism in the title? If so, you’ll like this (perhaps) apochryphal exchange between a married couple I know. Person A: ” You’re always correcting me! Your pedantism is really getting me down.” … Continue reading