The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Structural Geology by the Deformation numbers:
- Crystal Pringle: Thank you so much for putting this content into a readable form. I am an undergraduate of... (5 days 8 hours ago)
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (22 days 17 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (53 days 11 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (55 days 18 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (68 days 10 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: England
As I chopped my first tree down it was wonderful to realise that – of course – counting the rings would tell me how old it was. Traversing through the layers of wood and so through time is one of the … Continue reading
Driving west across the edge of the English Peak District is a good way to see how geology shapes landscape. Tracing the routes that cross it – feeling their shapes with a finger on a map or with your body as … Continue reading
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading