The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On UPDATED: Copyright, blogging and scientific papers:
- pedroR: Good post Reading this at 2016. practically the same thing $ 29.9 USD for one single image posted on a... (10 days 18 hours ago)
- wings.io: let’s play wings.io games (21 days 6 hours ago)
- slither.io: let’s play slither.io games (21 days 6 hours ago)
- abcya: abcya games for kids (21 days 6 hours ago)
- veevee123: According to the different needs of stainless steel flat structure composed of various members of... (21 days 10 hours ago)
- S Maynard: The Gawain poet rather wonderfully calls the Green Chapel “no-but an old cave” the... (21 days 19 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: eclogites
The geology of diamonds is fascinating in itself, but they also give insights into wider geological processes and history. Up until 1725, diamonds were only known from India. That all changed when Brazilians panning river sediments for gold, instead found diamonds. Recent … Continue reading
My recent post about diamonds was a rapid romp through some of the most marvellous things earth scientists have discovered about them. In the interests of keeping the casual reader engaged I left out many things. If this left you with … Continue reading
Cratons are pieces of continents that have been stable for a over a billion years. As earth’s plates drift along, mountains periodically rise and fall, plate boundaries appear and disappear. But cratons are like great-grandmothers at family gatherings, while younger … Continue reading