The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On The Geology of Mount Everest:Ecton – copper, limestone and folds:The Great Ordovician meteor shower:
- Metageologist: A new paper rather disproves the link of meteorites with the diversification, as it was already... (17 days 0 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (47 days 18 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (50 days 2 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (79 days 3 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (62 days 17 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: diamonds
Plate tectonics is the core unifying concept that has underpinned our understanding of the solid earth for over 50 years. To describe your research as moving “beyond plate tectonics” is quite a claim, but Trond Torsvik and the group he leads … Continue reading
When a geologist looks at Google Maps images, we usually filter out any human activity. But in the case of mines, that would be a mistake – the holes humans dig can tell us about the geology. What’s this? A big … Continue reading
Just 100s km away from you are right now there is a place where rocks can flow, where once-living matter is turned in jewels, from where deadly plumes once killed nearly all life on earth. We can never visit this place … Continue reading