The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Metamorphism: Pressure-Temperature-time paths:
- shahid munir: thanks a lot sir (6 days 3 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Shahid, It’s a little like making a piece of ceramic – a pot or a plate. Clay... (7 days 3 hours ago)
- shahid munir: plz tell me answer……… why peak metamorphic conditions are commonly preserved? (8 days 11 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Ann, There is rock salt in the Himalayas, but it didn’t form there. Rock salt forms in... (7 days 3 hours ago)
- Ann: Thanks, this has given me a better insight into the Himalayan mountains, the one question I would like... (14 days 7 hours ago)
- Anthony Scipilliti: Eh … Am I missing something ? So, where does the name BRITIAN or BRITANIA at long... (8 days 10 hours ago)
- Laurie: I have not seen a Bible-believing scientist claim that an “established” Mt Everest was... (20 days 20 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: diamonds
Plate tectonics is the core unifying concept that has underpinned our understanding of the solid earth for over 50 years. To describe your research as moving “beyond plate tectonics” is quite a claim, but Trond Torsvik and the group he leads … Continue reading
When a geologist looks at Google Maps images, we usually filter out any human activity. But in the case of mines, that would be a mistake – the holes humans dig can tell us about the geology. What’s this? A big … Continue reading
Just 100s km away from you are right now there is a place where rocks can flow, where once-living matter is turned in jewels, from where deadly plumes once killed nearly all life on earth. We can never visit this place … Continue reading