The authorSimon Wellings
- Story of an atom: Carbon cycling
- Story of an atom: birth to earth
- Types of geological blog posts
- The edge of Cheshire. Part 2 – layers of landscape
- The edge of Cheshire. Part 1 – traces of apocalypse
- Quintessence: echoes across science
- What’s in a (geological) name?
- The Great Ordovician meteor shower
Search this blog
- On The west of Ireland: a geological journey:
- Baby Stuff: Great work! That is the kind of information that should be shared around the net. Shame on Google... (3 hours 17 minutes ago)
- DUI Attorney In Long Beach: For example, you could enter “DUI attorney Los Angeles” and end up... (8 hours 9 minutes ago)
- Yuk Manville: I like this post, enjoyed this one regards for putting up. “To the dull mind all nature is... (17 hours 2 minutes ago)
- Chris: Fluids also reach the upper mantle at the mid ocean ridges this is called oceanfloor... (3 days 11 hours ago)
- Metageologist: I’m no expert here. This link seems to define them: http://petrology.oxfordjour... (5 days 15 hours ago)
- Maggie: What is the difference between type I and Type II eclogite, do they share the same crystalographic... (5 days 19 hours ago)
- kamanga: The paper is very informative on trying to explain formation of cratons and their stability while... (9 days 2 hours ago)
Latest from the Geoblogosphere
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Category Archives: diamonds
The geology of diamonds is fascinating in itself, but they also give insights into wider geological processes and history. Up until 1725, diamonds were only known from India. That all changed when Brazilians panning river sediments for gold, instead found diamonds. Recent … Continue reading
Originally published on the Scientific American guest blog. Geoscientists can’t say if diamonds are forever, but they can say that some are already billions of years old. They form in a place we’ll never reach: the deep earth, hundreds of … Continue reading