The authorSimon Wellings
- Metamorphic petrology: under pressure and getting stressed?
- Dinosaurs and the dangers of pedantism
- Six amazing facts about what’s under your feet
- A world without subduction
- #thinsectionThursday – what Twitter was made for
- The Himalaya: mountains made from mountains
- BRITICE-CHRONO: death of an ice sheet
- Traces of glacial ice and water
Search this blog
- On Sicily’s other volcanoes:
- chloe sims hair care products: It is important that you start moisturizing your entire body days before... (3 hours 39 minutes ago)
- קידום אתרים ספר בעברית: I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and exposure! Keep... (8 hours 45 minutes ago)
- David: Happy left-handed day. I just came across your posts. I am another left-handed geologist. Currently... (14 days 19 hours ago)
- Jerry Sweeney: Hey Cush, great to hear such memories of our overlapping times with Dennis in the Highlands.... (15 days 23 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Author Archives: Metageologist
One of the great privileges of studying geology at university is spending time looking at thin sections. It may not feel like it at the time – learning to identify minerals down the microscope is hard work – but peering … Continue reading
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading