The authorSimon Wellings
Search this blog
- On Cornwall: tin, pasties and the world:
- Metageologist: Thanks for the informative update! (14 days 8 hours ago)
- Virginia Raines: In reference to the quote below taken from the article, first of all the name Britain does... (16 days 16 hours ago)
- Metageologist: Hi Marina, My original Wikipedia link appears to have been updated and the reference removed.... (45 days 17 hours ago)
- uair01: This was nice to read. As an amateur I’ve read several geology textbooks but in the field... (29 days 7 hours ago)
- Heva Nurhayani: Can you tell me, what is different between P-T path and P-T-t D? (36 days 5 hours ago)
- Metageologist: On this subject, Jodrell Bank itself was briefly the only means Britain had to detect Russian... (52 days 17 hours ago)
- Unifore: You write geological articles in the novelist way. It’s quite easy to understand. Thank you. (71 days 20 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Author Archives: Metageologist
“Is there any tea on this spaceship?” Arthur Dent, the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I’m sitting here with a steaming cup of inspiration at my side. An Englishman drinking tea from a porcelain cup stirred by a spoon: what could … Continue reading
As I chopped my first tree down it was wonderful to realise that – of course – counting the rings would tell me how old it was. Traversing through the layers of wood and so through time is one of the … Continue reading
Look at this. As an abstract pattern, it looks like something Gustav Klimt might paint. View Larger Map But drill down into it in more detail and it changes into an uncomfortably close view of a reptiles skin. View Larger … Continue reading