The authorSimon Wellings
- Metamorphic petrology: under pressure and getting stressed?
- Dinosaurs and the dangers of pedantism
- Six amazing facts about what’s under your feet
- A world without subduction
- #thinsectionThursday – what Twitter was made for
- The Himalaya: mountains made from mountains
- BRITICE-CHRONO: death of an ice sheet
- Traces of glacial ice and water
Search this blog
- On UPDATED: Copyright, blogging and scientific papers:The Himalaya: mountains made from mountains:
- Metageologist: Those terms are all abbreviations for names of thrusts. The rocks in the Himalaya are made up... (15 hours 41 minutes ago)
- unnikrishnan: a wonderful blog with lots of knowledge. What are the exact definition for the terms HFF, MCT ,... (1 day 0 hours ago)
- unnikrishnan: I write and eat with my right hand and throw a ball and swing hammer with left. But i am doing... (1 day 0 hours ago)
- David: Happy left-handed day. I just came across your posts. I am another left-handed geologist. Currently... (19 days 3 hours ago)
- Jerry Sweeney: Hey Cush, great to hear such memories of our overlapping times with Dennis in the Highlands.... (20 days 7 hours ago)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at all-geo.org.
Author Archives: Metageologist
One of the great privileges of studying geology at university is spending time looking at thin sections. It may not feel like it at the time – learning to identify minerals down the microscope is hard work – but peering … Continue reading
Using many different techniques, dozens of scientists are studying the death of an ice sheet that once covered Britain and Ireland. They want to understand the future fate of modern-day ice. The phrase “ice sheet” doesn’t do justice to our … Continue reading