We’re tantalized by many upcoming opportunities to talk science with other folks interested in hydrology, geomorphology, and human-impacted systems.
- The 3rd Annual Amtrak Club of mid-Atlantic geomorphologists will be meeting at May 16-17th at Lehigh University. We’re not mid-Atlantic, but as residents of the Appalachian plateau we can find common ground.
- The Ohio Stormwater Conference is June 4th-6th in Akron.
- The CUAHSI Biennial meeting is July 28th-30th in Shepherdstown, WV.
A little farther out, there are two definite meetings on the lab calendar.
- The British Hydrological Society is meeting at the University of Birmingham, UK on 2nd-4th September. The theme of the meeting is “Challenging Hydrological Theory and Practice.” Anne will be giving a talk on urban stormwater/stream systems, and is very much looking forward to seeing collaborators Grace Garner, David Hannah, Naomi Tague, Sara McMillan and more.
- The Geological Society of America meeting is 19th-22nd October in Vancouver, BC. I think as many group members as possible are angling to go to this meeting. Anne will be co-leading a short course on using laser-based isotope technology in undergraduate classes and research.