Anne Jefferson grew up on the Mississippi River in southeastern Minnesota and spent summers on Lake Superior. These two places imbued her with a love of water and the dynamic way it shapes landscapes. Anne has her undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University, an MS in Water Resources Science from the University of Minnesota, and a PhD in Geology from Oregon State University. Anne moved to Kent State University from UNC Charlotte, where she was on the faculty from 2007-2012. You can read more about Anne’s background in her CV and you can learn more about her research and teaching by browsing this site. Contact Anne.
Students at Kent State University
Three students are joining the Watershed Hydrology lab in summer/fall 2013. Welcome to Stuart Baker, Krista Brown, and Kimm Jarden. Check back in August/September for more details on their backgrounds and interests.
Students interested in pursuing a M.S. or Ph.D in Applied Geology starting in fall 2014 who have research interests in urban hydrology, groundwater-stream interactions, or watershed hydrology should peruse this site and the Department of Geology web pages, then please contact Anne for more information.
Continuing Students at UNC Charlotte
Anne had six students complete M.S. degrees at UNC Charlotte.
- J. Brock Freyer completed his M.S. degree in Earth Sciences in spring 2013, and he works for Three Parameters Plus in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Mackenzie Osypian completed her M.S. degree in Civil Engineering in spring 2013, and she works for Hart and Hickman in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Alea Tuttle completed her degree M.S. degree in Earth Sciences in summer 2012, and she now works for Wildlands Engineering in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Brandon Blue completed his M.S. degree in Earth Sciences in summer 2012 and he now works for PortMiami in Miami, Florida.
- Ralph McGee completed his M.S. degree in Earth Sciences in spring 2011, and he works for Hart and Hickman in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Cameron Moore completed his M.S. degree in Earth Sciences in spring 2011, he works for Apex Environmental in Mooresville, NC.