Search this blog
- On 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum:
- Jill Marshall: The 28 days of #sciwrite tuned into 28 + 6 days – but all goals met! First part was easy-... Read
- Tara C Smith: Nice! Ended up finishing a big-ass manuscript and getting that off my plate (after about 8 months... Read
- EarthSciProf: My goals were: 1) Write and submit Goldschmidt abstract for Feb. 8 (now done). 2) Revise and... Read
- John Leeman: Abstract is ready to submit today and waiting on co-author reviews for a paper! Sadly, due to the... Read
- Laura Guertin: My end of week 3 ended with a happy detour and happy dance! http://sites.psu.edu/geotwt... Read
- Anne Senter: Well I’m likely not at the halfway mark for my goal of getting a draft completed of my second... Read
- Leonardo Uieda: I’m also a bit slow on the progress. In 2 weeks I’ve only been able to complete 1... Read
- John Leeman: It’s coming along but slowly. Progress was hindered by some experimental work, but this week... Read
Tag Archives: scienceonline09
What if you added a bit of unconference dust to the scientific meeting?
Sessions attended: Nature blogging: a lot of discussion time was spent on what exactly a “nature blog” was, with a clear division between those who viewed nature blogging as a broad church, with the more science-oriented blogs as a subset … Continue reading
Since I’ve yet to develop the sort of mind that can blog the last sentence whilst listening to the next one, I’ve mainly kept the laptop closed and just listened and/or pontificated in most of today’s sessions. But I thought … Continue reading
There are pitfalls – but is it still possible to stand up for change?