Search this blog
- Visualising Earth Structure, redux
- Venus stays out in the cold
- Anne’s top papers of 2016 + 3 she co-wrote
- Teaching graduate seminars is good for an academic’s reading habits (Anne’s 2016 #365papers in review)
- An unremarkable year – seismically, anyway.
- Where is Anne at AGU?
- Stormwater management is all around you. Can you #SpotTheSCM?
- What is stormwater? And how did we get to where we are today?
- On A cross-section through the Earth:
- Liann S.: Well done! Clear and concise, I could easily see this being used by high school teachers. Thank you... Read
- Tor B: I copied your review of ‘insidious data disasters’ to the Arctic Sea Ice Forum. Thanks for... Read
- Anne Jefferson: You are right! But I know it was when I read it. It must have been a limited time offer... Read
- HD: Great post. The article you linked at the end is not OA, unfortunately… Looks like a good one, though. Read
- Lockwood: Supposedly, there’s a similar hole at Fish Lake, but as I said, the most recent visit was so hot... Read
- Lockwood: Definitely a nearby site I want to look at further. Dana didn’t make it down this summer, and... Read
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read
Category Archives: public science
On Thursday of @highlyanne’s week @realscientists, she was putting finishing touches on a research proposal to do new, cool science on stormwater managment. She also wanted to get people to realize that stormwater managment is already happening in their neighborhoods, so #SpotTheSCM was born. Continue reading
This year’s symposium occurred on October 5-6, 2016, and featured the theme of “Sustainability and Resilience on the Land-Water Continuum.” Continue reading
It should come as no surprise that I think that this is the right result: Six seismologists accused of misleading the public about the risk of an earthquake in Italy were cleared of manslaughter on 10 November. An appeals court … Continue reading
I was recently interviewed by Dr. Marie McNeely, host of the ‘People Behind the Science’ podcast – a show that lets scientists talk about their lives and experiences to provide a more rounded view of what scientists actually do in … Continue reading
All you have to do is wait two years after publication… Continue reading