Search this blog
- Going Green (Infrastructure): Opportunities to join Anne’s research group
- One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn
- One year ago yesterday: volcanoes and fossils and elephant seals, oh my!
- Sumatra +10: contemplating the power of tsunami
- One year ago today: Christmas in Antarctica with the Americans and Brits
- One year ago today: Antarctic bases old and new, and the most mind-blowing scenery in the world
- One year ago today: landfall on the Antarctic Peninsula proper, more penguins, and an avalanche!
- One year ago today: Into the icy Weddell Sea and Antarctic Sound
- On One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn:
- Lockwood: My great-great grandfather and namesake, Charles Brown Lockwood, wrote in his short autobiography... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Thanks, Nina! We had a lot of fun going back through our journals and photos and culling nearly... Read
- Nina F: Wow. Thank so much, Anne, for your postings from Antarctica. I have enjoyed them all. The images are... Read
- Lockwood: Tweeted this earlier WRT the In Focus photo piece: “Very glad people/cities have recovered so... Read
Category Archives: Lusi
Was big muddy pool with a steaming vent in the middle. Now big muddy pool with steaming hill in the middle.
Was the mud volcano drilling or earthquake-triggered? The AAPG decides…
Right, I’m off to Cape Town for an action-packed few days. First, Christie has persuaded me to give a talk at her home University, hopefully followed by a beer or seven – after being beaten over the head with paleomagnetic … Continue reading