Search this blog
- The geodetic fingerprints of shallow thrusting in Nepal
- Of time and rivers flowing
- A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in
- Going Green (Infrastructure): Opportunities to join Anne’s research group
- One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn
- One year ago yesterday: volcanoes and fossils and elephant seals, oh my!
- Sumatra +10: contemplating the power of tsunami
- One year ago today: Christmas in Antarctica with the Americans and Brits
- On A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in:
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read
- Lockwood: My great-great grandfather and namesake, Charles Brown Lockwood, wrote in his short autobiography... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Thanks, Nina! We had a lot of fun going back through our journals and photos and culling nearly... Read
- Nina F: Wow. Thank so much, Anne, for your postings from Antarctica. I have enjoyed them all. The images are... Read
- Lockwood: Tweeted this earlier WRT the In Focus photo piece: “Very glad people/cities have recovered so... Read
Category Archives: gifts and gadgets
I was grading this morning and I stumbled upon one of the perpetual misused term pairs in my field: hydraulic vs. hydrologic. Continue reading
Five excellent books about water for ages three and up.
Google Wave is growing on me – but will it change how I do science?