Search this blog
- Tuesday dispatches from GSA: Vancouver
- Monday dispatches from GSA: Vancouver
- Sunday dispatches from GSA: Vancouver
- Environmental Earth Science in the News Roundup #5
- Environmental Earth Science in the News Roundup #4
- Listen to Chris talk about his life in science
- Environmental Earth Science in the News Roundup #3
- Environmental Earth Science News Roundup #2
- On Environmental Earth Science News Roundup #2:Mountaintop removal mining: what it looks like and what it does to Appalachian streams:The Napa Valley quake, and why California is (geologically) not part of America at all.:
- Lockwood: For the first Accretionary Wedge I hosted, My post was more or less focused on the lack of... Read
- Chris Rowan: Grrr. I keep on getting that wrong… thanks for the quick heads up! Read
- Kim: The fault tips curve toward each other! It’s so gorgeously textbook! (Also, east of the San Andreas.... Read
- Steve Watson: On our last visit to the UK, my cousin took us out for a ramble above Hathersage. There were lots... Read
Category Archives: general science
I’d prefer churnalism to gratuitous insertion of wrong.
Here in the US, we’re celebrating Earth Science Week and the lead-up to the Geological Society of America meeting. What better time to inspire the next generation of earth scientists and earth science aficionados by helping make sure that good, … Continue reading
It’s about more than passing tests – if we do it right.
breathless reporting from the AAAS conference is starting to annoy me.