Search this blog
- Venus stays out in the cold
- Anne’s top papers of 2016 + 3 she co-wrote
- Teaching graduate seminars is good for an academic’s reading habits (Anne’s 2016 #365papers in review)
- An unremarkable year – seismically, anyway.
- Where is Anne at AGU?
- Stormwater management is all around you. Can you #SpotTheSCM?
- What is stormwater? And how did we get to where we are today?
- Kent State University’s Water and Land Symposium
- On A cross-section through the Earth:
- Liann S.: Well done! Clear and concise, I could easily see this being used by high school teachers. Thank you... Read
- Tor B: I copied your review of ‘insidious data disasters’ to the Arctic Sea Ice Forum. Thanks for... Read
- Anne Jefferson: You are right! But I know it was when I read it. It must have been a limited time offer... Read
- HD: Great post. The article you linked at the end is not OA, unfortunately… Looks like a good one, though. Read
- Lockwood: Supposedly, there’s a similar hole at Fish Lake, but as I said, the most recent visit was so hot... Read
- Lockwood: Definitely a nearby site I want to look at further. Dana didn’t make it down this summer, and... Read
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read
Category Archives: field gear
Other suggestions: [Beverages] [Cameras] [Maps] The field is no place for equipment that needs to be coddled; anything that is not at least moderately proof against rain, dust, and drops is going to quickly become dead weight. One option is … Continue reading
Other suggestions: [Beverages] [Tough Gear] [Maps] The arrival of digital photography is one area where technology has really changed the geological fieldwork experience. Of course, photos will never completely replace a good sketch, but when there’s only so much time … Continue reading
Other suggestions: [Cameras] [Tough Gear] [Maps] Finding an appropriately rock-orientated present for a geologist might seem a daunting task to the outsider. Raiding an outdoors shop can be risky, since they already seem to own more field gear than normal … Continue reading
The UJ mapping class this year were piloting electronic field notebooks, with each group being given a PDA in which they could enter a locality, a description, and any structural data they were measuring. Especially with the structual data, this … Continue reading