Search this blog
- Scenic Saturday: snow over Thanksgiving
- Scenic Sunday: Fall colors along the Cuyahoga
- Hydraulic, hydrologic and #h2olloween
- Anne is wading into streams and science education
- No. Whatever it is this time, it really can’t predict earthquakes.
- Bedload Sediment Transport videos FTW
- Unacceptable behavior
- I will not be silent any longer about the way women and people of color in science and leadership are treated
- On Anne is wading into streams and science education:
- Scicurious: Thank you SO much for coming on the site!!! It was lovely to have you and people so far have said... Read
- Lab Lemming: We already have incoming surface wave earthquake warning- I heard and felt it in action last time I... Read
- Boris Behncke: One of the most overlooked issues concerning earthquake prediction vs. prevention is that even if... Read
- Lab Lemming: I predict that this fault will rupture within weeks of me injecting high pressure fracking waste... Read
- Carol Jefferson: Thank you for the thoughtful blog, Anne. I am so glad you are out of North Carolina, which is... Read
- Steve Gough: That left a mark, and rightly so. Read
- Origami Isopod: Lab Lemming: “This Bio-freeloader.org guy seriously needs to have his mother... Read
Category Archives: basics
Anthropocene! Naming a new geological time period after ourselves certainly has a nice dramatic ring to it, even if it smacks of the hubris that got us into our current climatic mess in the first place. But can our species, … Continue reading
The manglings of geology that get my inner pedant’s teeth grinding
How can studies of the geological past yield repeatable experiments?
How the measurements I make in the lab are distilled into the results reported in a typical scientific paper.