Search this blog
- Fieldwork should be safe and welcoming for all. Currently, it’s not.
- Now you see it, now you don’t: the disappearing and reappearing waters of the River Manifold
- 10 years of scientific career evolution: from springs to stormwater, student to teacher
- A ton of 2+ year-old AGU journal articles are now open access!
- Reconstructing ocean spreading when half your record is now in the mantle (or: a plug for my new paper)
- Mammals March Madness and slight silliness from your bloggers
- Scenic Saturday: Frozen waterfall, end of winter
- 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum
- On Fieldwork should be safe and welcoming for all. Currently, it’s not.:
- Christie: These stats are disturbing; I wonder what the numbers would look like for interactions NOT in the... Read
- Carol Jefferson: When I expanded the images, I noticed that the plant that I thought was a water Lily is really... Read
- Carol Jefferson: The thriving stands of water lotus (lilies) as seen along sections of the dry or nearly stream... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Or, as DrugMonkey put it: “Once you understand your PI is a data addict and your role as a... Read
- Meghan Duffy: I also love being the first person to know something! I think that’s such a cool moment.... Read
- Lab Lemming: For example, the Juan de Fuca and Cocos plates are still subducting along their entire width, just... Read
- Chris Rowan: There is certainly a case to be made that for the EPR at least, forces acting at the circum-Pacific... Read
Category Archives: antiscience
The geoblogosphere has rightly been up in arms today about the idiotic comments of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, who ended his list of examples of what he viewed as wasteful spending in the US stimulus bill by decrying the $140 … Continue reading
I have one word for expanding-earthers: Avalonia.
I say official, because, just like the Queen’s, the date does not actually mean much from a natal perspective. Nonetheless, the night preceding, or the morning of, October 23rd, 4004 BC is the date that Archbishop Ussher, after a bit … Continue reading