Search this blog
- One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn
- One year ago yesterday: volcanoes and fossils and elephant seals, oh my!
- Sumatra +10: contemplating the power of tsunami
- One year ago today: Christmas in Antarctica with the Americans and Brits
- One year ago today: Antarctic bases old and new, and the most mind-blowing scenery in the world
- One year ago today: landfall on the Antarctic Peninsula proper, more penguins, and an avalanche!
- One year ago today: Into the icy Weddell Sea and Antarctic Sound
- One year ago today: first icebergs, first Antarctic landing, first penguins!
- On One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn:
- Lockwood: My great-great grandfather and namesake, Charles Brown Lockwood, wrote in his short autobiography... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Thanks, Nina! We had a lot of fun going back through our journals and photos and culling nearly... Read
- Nina F: Wow. Thank so much, Anne, for your postings from Antarctica. I have enjoyed them all. The images are... Read
- Lockwood: Tweeted this earlier WRT the In Focus photo piece: “Very glad people/cities have recovered so... Read
Search Results for: cuyahoga
It’s been a long weekend of working on proposals and grading papers, but I broke away for a while this morning to enjoy the cool fall weather and some stunning colors. The river is a few feet higher than normal … Continue reading
We may have been a bit remiss in sharing it with the Internet, but we’ve been enjoying our weekends here in Ohio, as late summer has faded into autumn (or Fall, which even Chris admits is a nicely evocative name). … Continue reading
We’ve been having one of those perfect spring weeks, where the weather is warm and sunny, the flowers are blooming, and there is nothing more enticing at the end of a workday than to take a nice long wander down … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, some lovely January sun brought us out of our winter hibernation to explore Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The Geo Kid claimed her Junior Paleontologist badge from the National Park Service, and immediately set out to earn … Continue reading
A few scenes from a morning walk along the Cuyahoga River through downtown and just downstream of Kent, Ohio.