It was always going to be a trick for me to feed the blog in the latter bit of the summer, as I’ve been planning almost 5 weeks of travel, much of it without internet access. A few days ago, though, an unfortunate event pushed the timetable forward a few weeks. My 4-year-old daughter had a playground accident that left her with a broken leg, which is encased in a cast from toes to thigh for a month or more. So, until at least September, I’ll be resisting the urge to blog and tweet, while I focus on the non-negotiable jobs of taking care of an immobile, injured child and keeping up with professional obligations.
Search this blog
- Environmental Earth Science News Roundup #1
- Mountaintop removal mining: what it looks like and what it does to Appalachian streams
- The Napa Valley quake, and why California is (geologically) not part of America at all.
- Scenic Saturday: Crossbeds on the Edge
- Fieldwork should be safe and welcoming for all. Currently, it’s not.
- Now you see it, now you don’t: the disappearing and reappearing waters of the River Manifold
- 10 years of scientific career evolution: from springs to stormwater, student to teacher
- A ton of 2+ year-old AGU journal articles are now open access!
- On Mountaintop removal mining: what it looks like and what it does to Appalachian streams:The Napa Valley quake, and why California is (geologically) not part of America at all.:
- Lockwood: For the first Accretionary Wedge I hosted, My post was more or less focused on the lack of... Read
- Chris Rowan: Grrr. I keep on getting that wrong… thanks for the quick heads up! Read
- Kim: The fault tips curve toward each other! It’s so gorgeously textbook! (Also, east of the San Andreas.... Read
- Steve Watson: On our last visit to the UK, my cousin took us out for a ramble above Hathersage. There were lots... Read
- AgTerrane: Back in the early 70’s I was studying agriculture. Women were actually banned from fieldwork... Read
- Christie: These stats are disturbing; I wonder what the numbers would look like for interactions NOT in the... Read