A message from Brian Vanderkolk:
Having won WoGE 183 I choose a location that has intrigued me personally ever since I found it while browsing Google Maps. I pick this place because I don’t have the geologic knowledge to understand what I am seeing. It appears something amazing has happened here. I hope the winner and others will help me learn something new. North is up in this picture and eye altitude is about 20 kilometers.
Click the image for a larger version.
Anne says: First person to identify the latitude and longitude of the image, give a place name, and take a decent stab at why it might be interesting gets the honor of hosting the next round of the game. If you are not a blogger, you can still play, win, and then designate the blogger of your choice to host your image and the next round. I’m invoking the Schott Rule, to keep giving newcomers like Brian a chance to get in on the fun. The Scott Rule, means that you need to wait one hour after the post time to answer for each Wo(G)E round you’ve won in the past.
Search this blog
- Stormwater management is all around you. Can you #SpotTheSCM?
- What is stormwater? And how did we get to where we are today?
- Kent State University’s Water and Land Symposium
- A cross-section through the Earth
- Happy 100th Birthday, National Park Service!
- Flash flooding in Maryland: freak event? climate change symptom? urban runoff problem? Or all of the above?
- A week in the life of a scientist – Anne’s first week of summer
- Environmental Earth Science in the News – Spring semester 2016 compilation
- On A cross-section through the Earth:
- Liann S.: Well done! Clear and concise, I could easily see this being used by high school teachers. Thank you... Read
- Tor B: I copied your review of ‘insidious data disasters’ to the Arctic Sea Ice Forum. Thanks for... Read
- Anne Jefferson: You are right! But I know it was when I read it. It must have been a limited time offer... Read
- HD: Great post. The article you linked at the end is not OA, unfortunately… Looks like a good one, though. Read
- Lockwood: Supposedly, there’s a similar hole at Fish Lake, but as I said, the most recent visit was so hot... Read
- Lockwood: Definitely a nearby site I want to look at further. Dana didn’t make it down this summer, and... Read
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read