In October, we happily took part in the DonorsChoose Social Media Challenge, teaming up with All of My Faults are Stress-Related and Eruptions to create a geoblog generosity trifecta. We got amazing results, with geoblogs readers giving $8660 to our challenge.
Part of that money was contributed by a generous match from HP, and they have distributed giving codes to all challenge donors. If you gave to a DonorsChoose challenge in October, check your email for a link to put that HP match into action. All you have to do is follow the link, select the project(s) of your choice, and spend HP’s money.
Chris, Kim, and I also promised you that we would write 5 posts of you choice, but so far we’ve only gotten suggestions from three people. Suggest away and give us some inspiration to post here.
Finally, I wanted to share with you the most wonderful thanks I’ve gotten for contributing to the challenge. Donors who give $100 to a single project, or contribute the amount needed to fully fund the project, get a packet of thank you letters from the students. I helped complete a project that gave copies of Seymour Simon’s book Mountains to a classroom in Utah. Here are a sampling of the thank you letters I received:
(Click to enlarge.)
Search this blog
- #365climateimpacts: Snow, ice, flooding, and football (February 1-15)
- Oroville Dam: Water and Weather, Engineering and Erosion at the Nation’s Tallest Dam
- A year of climate impacts, one day at a time (#365climateimpacts)
- 317 years since the last rupture of the Cascadia megathrust
- The costs of Trump’s environmental and scientific policies will be felt everywhere
- Visualising Earth Structure, redux
- Venus stays out in the cold
- Anne’s top papers of 2016 + 3 she co-wrote
- On Where is Anne at AGU?:A cross-section through the Earth:
- Liann S.: Well done! Clear and concise, I could easily see this being used by high school teachers. Thank you... Read
- Tor B: I copied your review of ‘insidious data disasters’ to the Arctic Sea Ice Forum. Thanks for... Read
- Anne Jefferson: You are right! But I know it was when I read it. It must have been a limited time offer... Read
- HD: Great post. The article you linked at the end is not OA, unfortunately… Looks like a good one, though. Read
- Lockwood: Supposedly, there’s a similar hole at Fish Lake, but as I said, the most recent visit was so hot... Read
- Lockwood: Definitely a nearby site I want to look at further. Dana didn’t make it down this summer, and... Read