In October, we happily took part in the DonorsChoose Social Media Challenge, teaming up with All of My Faults are Stress-Related and Eruptions to create a geoblog generosity trifecta. We got amazing results, with geoblogs readers giving $8660 to our challenge.
Part of that money was contributed by a generous match from HP, and they have distributed giving codes to all challenge donors. If you gave to a DonorsChoose challenge in October, check your email for a link to put that HP match into action. All you have to do is follow the link, select the project(s) of your choice, and spend HP’s money.
Chris, Kim, and I also promised you that we would write 5 posts of you choice, but so far we’ve only gotten suggestions from three people. Suggest away and give us some inspiration to post here.
Finally, I wanted to share with you the most wonderful thanks I’ve gotten for contributing to the challenge. Donors who give $100 to a single project, or contribute the amount needed to fully fund the project, get a packet of thank you letters from the students. I helped complete a project that gave copies of Seymour Simon’s book Mountains to a classroom in Utah. Here are a sampling of the thank you letters I received:
(Click to enlarge.)
Search this blog
- 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum
- Final throes of 28 days of #sciwrite
- GeoKid shows us Antarctica
- 28 days of #sciwrite: Half way there?
- 1 week down, 3 to go on 28 days of #sciwrite
- 28 days of #sciwrite
- Augers v. Augurs
- Antarctica field log: Penguin Island? Surely you mean Volcano Island!
- On 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum:
- Jill Marshall: The 28 days of #sciwrite tuned into 28 + 6 days – but all goals met! First part was easy-... Read
- Tara C Smith: Nice! Ended up finishing a big-ass manuscript and getting that off my plate (after about 8 months... Read
- EarthSciProf: My goals were: 1) Write and submit Goldschmidt abstract for Feb. 8 (now done). 2) Revise and... Read
- John Leeman: Abstract is ready to submit today and waiting on co-author reviews for a paper! Sadly, due to the... Read
- Laura Guertin: My end of week 3 ended with a happy detour and happy dance! http://sites.psu.edu/geotwt... Read
- Anne Senter: Well I’m likely not at the halfway mark for my goal of getting a draft completed of my second... Read
- Leonardo Uieda: I’m also a bit slow on the progress. In 2 weeks I’ve only been able to complete 1... Read
- John Leeman: It’s coming along but slowly. Progress was hindered by some experimental work, but this week... Read