It’s still a work in progress, but since I’ve already inspired Hypocentre via Twitter, I thought I might as well make this more public:
View Geoblogosphere in a larger map
The idea is simple enough – a lot of geology blogging is about places – particular outcrops and formations – and I’ve long thought that giving people access to that information would be extremely useful. Not only does it provide more context when someone is initially reading a post, but it also gives people travelling somewhere new a heads-up on interesting geology to look out for when they get there (strangely, most guidebooks are rather silent on this very important question).
I’ve still got a fair number of back posts to work through, which will probably be added to the map in piecemeal fashion over the next few weeks, but there’s enough points on there now to give you a flavour. Let me know what you think.
Ideally, I’d like to make this a group effort; I believe that with the whole geoblogosphere involved, we can sprinkle the entire globe with awesome geological content. Anyone who would like access to the map to add their posts, drop me an e-mail.
Search this blog
- Mammals March Madness and slight silliness from your bloggers
- Scenic Saturday: Frozen waterfall, end of winter
- 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum
- Final throes of 28 days of #sciwrite
- GeoKid shows us Antarctica
- 28 days of #sciwrite: Half way there?
- 1 week down, 3 to go on 28 days of #sciwrite
- 28 days of #sciwrite
- On 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum:
- Leonardo Uieda: I’m late (as usual) but here is my update http://www.leouieda.com/pos... Read
- Jill Marshall: The 28 days of #sciwrite tuned into 28 + 6 days – but all goals met! First part was easy-... Read
- Tara C Smith: Nice! Ended up finishing a big-ass manuscript and getting that off my plate (after about 8 months... Read
- EarthSciProf: My goals were: 1) Write and submit Goldschmidt abstract for Feb. 8 (now done). 2) Revise and... Read
- John Leeman: Abstract is ready to submit today and waiting on co-author reviews for a paper! Sadly, due to the... Read
- Laura Guertin: My end of week 3 ended with a happy detour and happy dance! http://sites.psu.edu/geotwt... Read