I’ve been nagged by a couple of people about joining the tweeters (or is the appropriate collective noun ‘twitterers’?). Although I’m still not completely clear on what it’s all for, I’m going to try and find out through the medium of giving it a whirl, and I can now be found trying to compress my overly complicated sentences into 140 characters or less under the username ‘Allochthonous’.
While I’m at it, I should probably mention that I’m trying out FriendFeed too. Again, I’m hoping to learn the point – or lack thereof – through doing.
Search this blog
- The geodetic fingerprints of shallow thrusting in Nepal
- Of time and rivers flowing
- A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in
- Going Green (Infrastructure): Opportunities to join Anne’s research group
- One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn
- One year ago yesterday: volcanoes and fossils and elephant seals, oh my!
- Sumatra +10: contemplating the power of tsunami
- One year ago today: Christmas in Antarctica with the Americans and Brits
- On A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in:
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read
- Lockwood: My great-great grandfather and namesake, Charles Brown Lockwood, wrote in his short autobiography... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Thanks, Nina! We had a lot of fun going back through our journals and photos and culling nearly... Read
- Nina F: Wow. Thank so much, Anne, for your postings from Antarctica. I have enjoyed them all. The images are... Read
- Lockwood: Tweeted this earlier WRT the In Focus photo piece: “Very glad people/cities have recovered so... Read