The ‘Adventures in Blogging’ session has taken a rather surreal turn – we’re in the dark, being told to imagine we’re liveblogging from a submarine. Complete with shaken chairs, attacks from cuddly angler fish, and… sea shanties. I haven’t been on many submarines, but I somehow think that last one is unrealistic.
I’d love to liveblog from the field for real, but I’ve never really worked out how you can do it when you’re in places, like Namibia, say, where there is no real internet access. Perhaps this session will illuminate me. One of the panellists has managed it from the Congo, though…
I’m certainly getting a few ideas for how it might be do-able. It would certainly be nice to not have my blog fall completely silent when I’m doing all the cool bits of my job. Do you think people would be interested in some field live-blogging?
Search this blog
- Scenic Saturday: snow over Thanksgiving
- Scenic Sunday: Fall colors along the Cuyahoga
- Hydraulic, hydrologic and #h2olloween
- Anne is wading into streams and science education
- No. Whatever it is this time, it really can’t predict earthquakes.
- Bedload Sediment Transport videos FTW
- Unacceptable behavior
- I will not be silent any longer about the way women and people of color in science and leadership are treated
- On Anne is wading into streams and science education:
- Scicurious: Thank you SO much for coming on the site!!! It was lovely to have you and people so far have said... Read
- Lab Lemming: We already have incoming surface wave earthquake warning- I heard and felt it in action last time I... Read
- Boris Behncke: One of the most overlooked issues concerning earthquake prediction vs. prevention is that even if... Read
- Lab Lemming: I predict that this fault will rupture within weeks of me injecting high pressure fracking waste... Read
- Carol Jefferson: Thank you for the thoughtful blog, Anne. I am so glad you are out of North Carolina, which is... Read
- Steve Gough: That left a mark, and rightly so. Read
- Origami Isopod: Lab Lemming: “This Bio-freeloader.org guy seriously needs to have his mother... Read